Thursday, January 31, 2008

Romantic dinner

Finn is at the grandparents tonight, so I thought I would do a nice dinner for J and I. No entree, 2 courses is loads for us! So I did the turkish garlic bread (told you we love it!) along with a pasta. The pasta sauce was a homemade pesto (sun dried tomatoes, roasted red capsicum, garlic, parmesan cheese, lemon juice and oil in food processor) with grilled chicken, topped with crumbled feta cheese and fresh parsley and seasoned with black pepper. Served with a sparkling white wine.

The pesto - look at that fantastic color!!!


Ready to eat:



Mmm Garlic bread...



I know they are not wine glasses but I so do love my martini glasses that I always drink wine from them. No class, I tell ya!



For dessert (several hours later!), toblerone cream in chocolate cups, topped with blueberries. All washed down with a hot chocolate. Yummo!