Friday, January 25, 2008

Chicken tacos & Jam "Thingys"

Taco smash is what they really are, since who really, can eat tacos neatly? We love a good taco here, and they are extra tasty when done with chicken mince. I cook the mince with a finely chopped brown onion and a clove of garlic. Once thats done, I stir through the salsa, rather than adding it separately to the taco when we put them together.

Normally we just do lettuce, tomato, cheese and sour cream... standard taco fillings. Sometimes cucumber. Tonight I did some finely sliced celery and grated carrot for something different.



The chicken mince with salsa:



This is Finns plate, and his version of tacos:



Yummo.. chicken taco!



I started this blog after stumbling across this food blog, and I loved her simple recipe for Jam Things (love the name!) so I made some of them for dessert as well.

I knew at this stage that I had WAY too much jam in them and I was going to be in for one hell of a pan scrubbing later...



Fuck!!! I was SOOO right. So screwed cleaning that!



J's are ready to eat, just waiting a dollop of ice-cream on the side.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Yum, I love those Jam Things! They're good, aren't they? A new trick I discovered is actually lining the tray with non-stick baking paper (the paper you cook cookies on) and that way it's easy to clean up if there is spillage! :)