Sunday, January 27, 2008

Pork Steaks and a divine Spud Salad

Another regular dish for us, is this pork steak and potato salad. The steaks are simply sprayed with oil and seasoned with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, and then grilled or barbecued for 5 minutes.

For the salad, I parboil the potatoes til tender, drain them and add them to a hot pan with 2 teaspoons oil. I add 2 finely chopped green onions (shallots/spring onions), and chopped sun-dried tomatoes til the potatoes are slightly browned. Add them to a bowl containing baby spinach and chopped green olives stuffed with feta and a bit of fresh feta. Drizzle with a homemade honey-mustard dressing (honey, lemon juice, garlic, wholegrain mustard, and a dollop of natural yogurt, bit of salt and pepper).

As usual, this is a recipe from Taste, as are most of our meals. They have good stuff over there, really nice but still made from normal enough, readily accessible ingredients. I used to hate olives, black and green alike, but I swear as I get older my tastebuds are changing. I now love both, and avocado was the same and I eat it happily these days. I will even use anchovies in recipes if they are dissolved! Strange, that.

Bon Appetite!

The salad:



Plated up:

No comments: